The Israel Association for Theoretical Linguistics was founded in 1985
to encourage research in theoretical linguistics in Israel. IATL members
work on all branches of linguistics (syntax, semantics, phonology, morphology,
pragmatics, psycholinguistics, computational linguistics, etc.) in a variety
of theoretical frameworks.
IATL hosts an annual conference.
IATL 28 will be held at Tel Aviv University on 16-17 October 2012.
Since IATL 17 (2001), we have published the proceedings of our
conferences on-line. The IATL 25 page includes a link to pictures from the conference.
- Proceedings of IATL 17 (June 2001), The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Proceedings of IATL 18 (June 2002), Bar-Ilan University
- Proceedings of IATL 19 (June 2003), Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
- Proceedings of IATL 20 (June 2004), Bar-Ilan University
- Proceedings of IATL 21 (June 2005), The Technion -- Israel Institute of Technology
- Proceedings of IATL 22 (July 2006), The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Proceedings of IATL 23 (July 2007), Tel Aviv University
- Proceedings of IATL 24 (October 2008), The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Proceedings of IATL 25 (October 2009), Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
- Proceedings of IATL 26 (October 2010), Bar-Ilan University
To find out more about theoretical linguistics in Israel, follow these
The officers of IATL for 2010-12 are:
- President: Nomi Shir
- Secretary: Nora Boneh
- Treasurer: Olga Kagan
- Program Committee:
- representative of The Hebrew University of Jerusalem: Edit Doron
- representative of Tel Aviv University: Evan Cohen
- representative of Bar-Ilan University: Gabi Danon
- representative of Haifa University: Wendy Sandler
- representative of Ben-Gurion University of the Negev: Tova Rapoport
- representative of The Open University: Nurit Melnik
Page created and maintained
by Yehuda Falk; last updated 15 January 2012.
Copyright ©2012 The Hebrew University of Jerusalem. All Rights Reserved.